Saturday, March 8, 2008

PBPGINFWMY

I love the reading for today in The Purpose Driven Life entitled, “It Takes Time.” The author (Rick Warren) describes the process of mature in Christ. He reminds the reader, “don’t get in a hurry” when it comes to spiritual maturity.

I love the illustration that if God wants to grow a mushroom, He does it in a night, but if He wants to grow an oak tree it takes decades.

Personally, I don’t want to be a flash in the pan, that it is simply a façade of growth with fake fruit (a fungus like a mushroom), but I want to be the real deal with authentic spiritual fruit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23)).

Although I am not where I want to be spiritually, I am grateful that I am not where I use to be. After today’s reading, I would like to have a button or sticker to wear which simply reads PBPGINFWMY (Please Be Patient, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet!).

No comments: