Saturday, January 5, 2008

A God Who Feels

The traditional view of God is that He is this Being that is without feeling or passion. And yet, as we read the Bible, we see a picture of a God who cares deeply and emotionally for his creation.

We do not get very far into the Bible record of human history, before we see the heart of God surface in an amazing way. Some time has passed since creation and as the world is growing in population, and yet the human race is headed in the wrong direction.

Listen to the LORD’s heart come out in his description of the human race: “The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart.” (Genesis 6:5-6 NLT)

I am moved to see the heart of God, and I long to understand more deeply this year the heart of God. Also, I want to make sure that I do not break the heart of God with my actions, my words, and/or my thoughts this year.

How about you?

No comments: